Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Starting with a new project

This is an extremely interesting project. For the second time we have a client that does not have anywhere near a set idea of what they want. For this client they may not even want a game. I think they would be happy with even just an interesting virtual world without game objectives in it. But being left with very open options could provide for very interesting ideas from the groups. Overall the project is awesome because of the technology we get to work with. We are going to be the only four groups developing games for this technology. Also the project is grant funded, which means we have a good chance at continuing work for this after the prototype ends. People more easily give grant money out than their own money from my experience.
The other part of the project is the team I am working with. I remember taking note of Jon when we came into the game design class as he seemed to really know what he was talking about. It is still my dear wish to have him on the project team I am on for the really game project. I had also wanted to work with Sagar because he seemed intelligent and inquisitive in regards to game programming. He had come up to me a few times in the past weeks to ask questions, which shows he isn't just here to get through it. So I get a group with two engineers whom I wanted to work with during this prototyping projects course. Then Andrew I had already had a few good conversations with and he really seems to know technology quiet well.
Although the one downside to a team this god is that we have a hard time coming up with an idea for a game. But hopefully they figure something out, all the ideas we have had are good ideas. And any game idea we come up with I think will turn out well as long as we keep it within scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment