Monday, September 10, 2012

second week

Second week got a lot done. Was able to get a level parsed from fbx and loaded into the game.
Figaured out that if you have the unform World_Transform then MOAI will put the objects world transform into that variable in the shader. So i am able to have one piece of geometry copied around the level. Still don't have the ability to run a character through the track or to pick up cheese (or have cheese in the level).
I tried to work on sound but it was strange. The guide said you link directX to the project and then compile. However it was able to compile without directX linked, which means to me that something isn't set for it to try to include sound or I just have the wrong project.

next week I'll start to really make a game, Damean said he will get me a level and i'll then work on loading that in and doing collision detection. Then I can start working on features like scoring, menus, animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment