Friday, February 8, 2013

final week of preproduction?

Well we think we have the final version of the game. at least before Gate 1. We really don't have time to change again before Gate 1 anyway.
But I am happy with the game we have. It has two very nice parts about it. One is that the gameplay is very similar to the Impulse prototype. So we know if we can get it executing it will be fun to play. The other nice thing is that it is something i would be proud to talk to an industry professional about this game. because it takes a game, breaks it down into its formal elements and then puts the game back together one formal element at a time.

The rest of my time has been spent trying to get the force push to work. However i have not been able to get it to work. I have been trying to create the entity as an area box, load a model as a collision box. I think the next thing i will work on will be loading a model and using it as collsiion geometry. I spent some time with it, but not enough. and I believe if i get it right it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment