Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Game Graphics Assignment 9

This was a fun one. This was stuff that I had no clue how to do coming into the assignment. It was also fun because I was able to do all of it with only one change to a file parsing, everything else worked withing the parsing i already had.
I didn't run into (major) problems at any point during this. the environment map worked the first time i compiled. And for the differed rendering part It worked once i got a few small bugs out of the code.
Although I watched the video from the class closely for this assignment.

The effect I made for the special transparent was a magnifying glass. I take the tex coords and pick the back pixel closer to the center of the cube depending on how far outside from the center I am. So the outside of the cube is getting pixel from closer to the center of the cube, while the center of the cube is getting the pixel right behind it.

Everything should be working
Link To Code

picture of pix showing the opaque bucket render target/texture

No comments:

Post a Comment