Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pitch Week

Good start to the week with game pitches. I didn't work on mine very much and didn't practice it at all but it went fairly well. Since i already had a working prototype, it was pretty easy to turn that into a pitch.
watching the other pitches i was interested in some of them a lot. there were a few that i would rather make then my own game. the game vinyl sounded really fun to program. decomposing audio files and creating a level based off of the song could be really cool.
I am looking forward to seeing which games get picked. My biggest wish is that we can do the games in udk or cry (i favor cry a bit more). But i really want the experience of having a published game in udk or cry. I feel (and have heard) that those engines are much more similar to engines major studios use. Where experience with unity is good, but is not as impressive to industry professionals as UDK or cry. my preference for cry is that it is 5 years newer than UDK and being a student that publishes a game using the cryengine would be a very impressive statement to say. It also looks beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment