Tuesday, November 6, 2012

man i don't like blogging

we finally did a bit of playtesting (kinda since it wasn't with anyone else) and I think it went fairly well. I have learned a lot from doing the prototypes, the biggest thing being that we need to work and plan together. Doing the physical prototype at the start of the project i think helped everyone get on the same page about how the game will play and how the components will work together. And this first iteration I thnk was also helpful to do. It took a lot of time and could have been more useful, but I still think it was worth it.
It allowed us as a group to see the game and comment on what we need done. I feel like we probably spent a bit too much time on specifics of what we want in the game and less on the fun of the game. We did talk about how we think we can make the game fun a bit. So we do have an idea on what to iterate to find the fun, but I felt it was more vague than I had hoped. So maybe we could have spent more of that time on what would make this fun and less on specific components to implement. Although we needed to discuss those things I think they could have been discussed offline between just the programmer of it and the designer. Although this would take out the rest of the group from the design of that component.
Overall I am happy I have finally iterated on a game at least once (or in the process of the first iteration after the creation of the game). I also feel like we could do this iteration process better, and that even just this one try will allow us to do better the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment